1. Gerrit Cole, RHP – Everyone knows all about Cole. Good results, knocking on the door. Just a matter of time before we get to see his Ace potential in Pittsburgh, possibly this season.
2. Alen Hanson, SS – Building quite the resume. Very Young. Still very raw. Much of his ranking is dependent on his staying at SS.
3. Jameson Taillon, RHP – Results haven’t been so great for Taillon though he is still very young. Should see some Triple A time this year with an outside chance of seeing time with the big club if he succeeds.
4. Luis Heredia, RHP – Heredia might not have the big numbers yet, but that’s more the fault of the system than anything he has done wrong.
5. Gregory Polanco, OF – Broke out in a big way this year. Good plate discipline, power potential. Needs to produce further before I’ll really believe in him as the next big thing.
6. Josh Bell, OF – Bell really didn’t get a chance to show much, and this grade is very dependent on how his knee injury has healed. Could fall out of the top ten just as easily as he could shoot up to number 1.
7. Barrett Barnes, OF – Has the power to play a corner outfield if he doesn’t stick at center. Decent approach.
8. Victor Black, RHP – Can he stay healthy? That’s the only real question in regards to this closer candidate. Great stuff, misses bats.
9. Clay Holmes, RHP – Much is based on results, but he got them. Needs to strike some guys out though.
10. Wyatt Mathisen, C – Best catching prospect in the system. Athletic guy that should be able to handle the position.
11. Alex Dickerson, 1B – Decent power in a pitchers league, chosen best defensive 1B in FSL. Disappointing season but still consistent.
12. Dilson Herrera, 2B – Some pop in that stick. Good speed. Breakout candidate.
13. Nicholas Kingham, RHP – Really struggled last season. Decent velocity though and still plenty of time to turn things around.
14. Jose Osuna, 1B – Disappointing season overall but the power is still clearly there. Only 19. Plenty of time to rebound
15. Tony Sanchez, C – Oh how the mighty have fallen. Seems more preoccupied with Twitter and bar fights than baseball. Needs to get the average up because he doesn’t have a whole ton of power.
16. Phil Irwin, RHP – Not many people talk about him because of his lack of amazing stuff but he has good command and has had success at every level.
17. Matt Curry, 1B – I know, I know I’m a fanboy. Still this feels right for him. He didn’t light the world on fire and isn’t exactly young. This season will tell a huge amount of the story in regards to his MLB future.
18. Duke Welker, RHP – Good velocity but not a huge K guy. Groundball machine. On the 40 man so the Pirates definitely like him.
19. Tyler Glasnow, RHP – Projectible righty would have some success.
20. Josh Poytress, LHP – Bullpen only guy who had some success despite injuries last season. Very tough against lefties but will need to the walks and Ks.